I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Thursday 27 September 2012

Book Review... A Tainted Beauty - Sharon Kendrick


A Tainted Beauty - Sharon Kendrick
Mills & Boon Modern
Harlequin UK, 2012
ISBN: 9780263891003












My rating




From the back cover:

"All that glitters...
Merciless businessman Ciro D'Angelo knows an opportunity when he sees it - and Lily Scott's vulnerable sweetness and old-fashioned values are exactly what he needs in a wife. She's the complete opposite to the red-taloned gold-diggers who relentlessly pursue him. 
Isn't gold...
But on their wedding night Ciro realises that Lily isn't quite the pure bride he expected. Does her virtuous facade hide a fortune-hunter as shameless as the rest? It seems their marriage is over before it's begun - yet once you're a D'Angelo wife there's no turning back..."


What a story!

The subject if the book is a little old fashioned but I think it is made the most of and a spectacular romance is told. The start of this book is compelling and really quite beautiful, I was hooked instantly.

Lily is a really well crafted heroine with the perfect mix of sweetness and independence. She and the hero bounce off each other perfectly; lots of sizzling tension, fun dialogue and some genuinely tender moments that made me want to sigh out loud!

I did find it a little difficult to really believe the hero’s reaction to the heroine’s lack of virginity. Too many double standards and judgement in his behaviour for my liking. It’s too much of an outdated idea for today’s world.

However, the author managed to make it work and keeps you intrigued all the way through. I liked it a lot.

Xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, the October edition of Books You Loved is live. Here is the link Books You Loved October Edition Please do pop by and link in a post about a book you loved. Maybe this one? Cheers

    PS I am a follower of your blog. I know you have linked in before, too – which is great. Would you consider following Carole's Chatter back – or are you already?

    ReplyDelete